2011 ~ Present
Innovating the Future
- 2020 BKL moved its offices to central Seoul. BKL is selected as the most innovative national law firm in Korea by the International Financial Law Review.
BKL became the first major Korean law firm to open an office in Pangyo, the hub of start-up and venture firm activities in Korea.
BKL was awarded with a Presidential citation for its legal services provided in connection with the 2018 Pyeong Chang Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
- 2016 BKL opened its Yangon office.
- 2015 BKL became the first major Korean law firm to open an office in Dubai, and opens offices in Hong Kong, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
2001 ~ 2010
Expanding the Frontiers
- 2009 BKL established Dongcheon, a public interest foundation dedicated to pro bono work.
- 2008 BKL opened its Shanghai office.
- 2007 BKL became the first law firm in Korea to change its structure to a limited liability company.
- 2004 BKL became the first Korean law firm to open an office in Beijing.
- 2001 BKL established an internal Pro Bono Committee, which was devoted to offering legal aid services as well as training pro bono lawyers.
1991 ~ 2000
- 2000 BKL established a full-service platform.
- 1998 BKL moved its offices to Gangnam in the southern part of Seoul.
- 1995 The Firm changed its name to Bae, Kim & Lee (BKL).
1980 ~ 1990
- 1987 The Firm was reorganized as a law firm.
- 1986 The Firm expanded and was reorganized as a joint law office.
- 1980 In Sub Kim, a founding partner of BKL, opened a law office in central Seoul.