As part of our goal to provide the highest quality client service, our practice adheres to the following philosophy:
- Professional Development
- BKL believes that its people are its greatest asset, and therefore the most critical component to provide quality client service. Effective training is essential to the professional development of our attorneys and other professionals, and for this reason BKL offers year-round training in various practice areas. BKL has also established the “BKL Academy” to introduce younger attorneys to law firm practice and help them bridge the gap between school and working in the real world. Moreover, to strengthen our capabilities with international transactions and clients, our professionals are sent to study or be trained at the world’s most prominent law schools, law firms and international organizations; and work side-by-side with our experienced international attorneys to learn global market best practices. As part of this commitment to professional development, BKL has developed a comprehensive professional development system similar to those employed by international law firms to ensure that the next generation of BKL attorneys is prepared for the constantly evolving needs of our clients.
- Transparent Management Structure
- BKL is one of the few leading law firms in Korea to institute a transparent partnership system. We believe that a law firm management structure should be fair and accountable to all members of its partnership in order to ensure healthy and sustained growth, and facilitate the teamwork and collaborative work process the firm employs. Through this management structure, BKL endeavors to promote cohesion that will facilitate the collaborative use of the deep and diverse experiences of its professionals to provide high quality legal service.
- Professional Responsibility
- BKL culture values professional ethics, and takes seriously issues such as client confidentiality, conflicts of interest, use of ethical walls and the education/implementation of workplace best practices. Moreover, as part of our client service, we not only consider and address issues when they arise, but are concerned with the prevention of possible professional responsibility issues, and affirmatively initiates dialogue with clients to avoid even the perception of any issues.