Bae, Kim & Lee’s securities practice group is active in cross-border capital markets transactions, including fund formation and related advisory work. We provide a full range of in-country services for issuers and underwriters in a wide range of international securities issues, including depositary receipts, convertible and exchangeable bonds, bonds with warrants, medium term note programs, floating rate notes, and straight bonds.
In recent years, we have advised the issuers and underwriters in connection with the following offerings to international investors:
• Euro convertible debentures for Samsung Electric Devices; KorAm Bank (now Citibank Korea), Kolon, DACOM, Hynix Semiconductor, and Taihan Electric Wire.
• Swiss Franc convertible notes for ORION Corporation.
• Bonds with warrants for Dongwon and Taihan Electric Wire.
• Foreign currency exchangeable bonds for Korea Telecom, LG Electronics, and Hana Bank.
• Foreign currency bonds for Hynix Semiconductor, Hanarotelecom (currently, SK Broadband), Korea South-East Power, Korea Southern Power and Korea Western Power.
• Medium term note programs for Korea Development Bank, Hana Bank, Chohung Bank (now merged with Shinhan Bank), Kookmin Bank, Shinhan Card, Korea Electric Power Corporation and Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Corporation.
• Global depositary receipts for Hynix Semiconductor and KorAm Bank.
• Global depositary receipts and listing on the London Stock Exchange (PSM Market) for Hanatour Service and Taewoong Corporation.
• US$ denominated subordinated bonds for Korea Exchange Bank and Pusan Bank.
• Issue and listing American depositary receipts on the NASDAQ Stock Market by GMarket Inc. and Hanarotelecom.
• Foreign exchange stabilization bond for the Korean Government.
• Annual disclosure process of SK Telecom, Korea Electric Power Corporation, GMarket Inc. and Hanarotelecom.
We often advise our Korean bank clients, including Korea Development Bank, Industrial Bank of Korea, Kookmin Bank, and Hana Bank, in connection with medium-term note and floating-rate note programs. In a deal related to the privatization of Korean utilities, we advised Korea Telecom in its offering of American depositary receipts.
We have advised on a number of Yankee bond, Samurai bond and Japanese Yen bond offerings, including offerings by the Industrial Bank of Korea, the Korea Gas Corporation and Korea Water Resources Corporation. We advised Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) and its subsidiaries on its Euro, Yankee, and Samurai bonds, in connection with the piece-by-piece privatization of KEPCO and on its Yankee and Global bonds, in connection with its debt restructuring.