Our project development and project finance group has been active in the area of project finance in Korea, which has seen considerable expansion since the late 1990s. Our project finance lawyers have been involved in structuring and drafting documents for numerous project finance transactions in Korea including SOC projects, domestic and overseas construction and power plant projects for the oil, gas, electric power, mining, telecommunications and manufacturing industries.
BKL’s project development and finance group specializes in large-scale projects involving complex transactions. Drawing on the expertise of team members in finance, real estate, regulatory and tax law, our team is able to provide innovate solutions and execute the financing successfully. As a result of the team’s quality of service, the BKL project finance team continues to represent a diverse base of clients participating in projects as borrowers and sponsors as well as lenders, investors, developers, contractors, and service providers.
Representative matters include:
• Advised on financing and refinancing of projects including the New Songdo City Development, the Incheon International Airport Railway Construction, and the Seoul Subway Line 9 Construction;
• Advised on project financing of LG Power’s construction of a combined heat power plant in Anyang-Bucheon, LG Energy’s construction of a LNG combined circle power plant in Bugok, Unison’s construction of a wind power plants in Youngduk and Gangwon, and Solar Park’s solar power plant in Gwangju;
• Advised BBCHP’s financing of Hyundai Merchant Marine’s purchase of a LNG vessel and EUKOR Car Carriers’ purchase of a RoRo vessel;
• Advised on UK Tax Lease and BBCHP financing using pre-delivery financing;
• Advised various securities companies, including Woori Investment & Securities, on incorporation of ship funds and BBCHP financing involving ship funds; and
• Advised Korean Air on aircraft financing in purchase of four Boeing 737400’s.